Monday, January 2, 2006

Let's start blogging

I finally got the energy to launch this blog for all of us young fellows. When one is going on 50's suddenly everything needs to be done at one go. This blog idea came sometime in October last year but then the lethargy.

I have already read several spiritual stories, some philosophical and others plain hilarious. It's really nice to read about how well all of you are doing. It will also be wonderful to know each other's family better for the other half of us is really inseparable from us all.

New Year's Day is always a time for reflection and quiet prayer. I always look back and count the numerous blessings I have received. As for the shortcomings, I always look at them, analyse them and make a wish never to repeat them. Then there are the whole lot of things which need to be done but never took off. Prayerfully there will be time this year.

Besides the usual day to day business of my clinical practice there is this desire to set up the Perak Chest Society. Hopefully it will become a reality this year since the idea was mooted in 2004. The main aim of the society is to help educate all those with chest diseases to help themselve. The main activities involve those with asthma, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (smoker's lung), respiratory cripples, obstructive sleep apnea, lung cancer prevention and end of life issues.

As we have discussed earlier it may also be a good idea for us to think about an education fund for needy students. I would like your feedback and perhaps then we can get down to the size of the fund.

My family and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you all A HAPPY NEW YEAR.

No comments:

Post a Comment