Saturday, November 23, 2019

Difference between a Successful Life and a Significant Life

What is the difference between a successful life and a significant life?

“The happiest people in the world are not the richest, best looking or most powerful; they are people who find value, meaning and purpose in selfless service and making a positive difference in the lives of others.”
-Michael Josephson

Success is knowing your purpose in life, growing to your maximum potential, sowing seeds that benefit others.

John Maxwell writes about 5 differences:-

Five Differences Between Success and Significance
1. Motives
With success, my motives may be selfish; with significance, my motives cannot be selfish.
2. Influence
With success, my influence is limited; with significance, my influence is unlimited.
3. Time
Success can last a lifetime; significance can last several lifetimes.
4. Focus
Success asks, “How can I add value to myself?” Significance asks, “How can I add value to others?”
5. Reward
If I pursue success, my joy is the result of my success; if I pursue significance, my joy is the result of others’ success.

Success is usually the steppingstone to significance. There has to be a certain amount of success in people’s lives before they are willing to take the step to significance, where they ask themselves, “What else is there in life beyond professional and monetary success?”

No comments:

Post a Comment