Sunday, October 7, 2007

ACS Reunion Dinner 2007












Mr. Lim Kwan Wah is now the headmaster of ACS Primary School.


To the left is Mr. Ivan Oh, Mr. Oh Boon Lian's son. He will design and create your dream swimming pool in your next resort home.




6th October 2007 is surely a day to remember. About 500 ACS teachers, students old and new gathered for their annual reunion dinner at the Hee Lai Ton Restaurant Ipoh. Can you imagine singing the ACS anthem once again?! Followed by "Tiny Bubbles" and "Pearly Shells" songs lead by the original maestro Mr. Chin Yoong Kim. Surely it was a nostalgic night. I came out of the gathering truly refreshed having met so many former school mates, teachers and mentors.
I bet the teachers felt better than I did. Can you imagine how they would feel when former students of theirs come forward to greet them and thank them for all they have done? I believe its the sence of appreciation that matters for most of them. Surely, they are reminded that their sacrifices have not been in vain.
This is the first instalment of the pictures which I have taken. I shall publish the rest later. There are some problems with streamyx today.

13 comments:

  1. OK,
    Good job and well done. Would you be able to put names or initials under each pic?

    Thanks...KeeKuang

    ReplyDelete
  2. OK
    Nice pictures. Can you put some names to the faces. I have link this post on acs ipoh group on facebook.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi KK and PS,
    I'll put up the names soon, but meanwhile try some guesswork.
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there,

    Im ex ACS Ipoh too. Class of 1995. Great blog you have here, really "respect" man. Keep up the good work!

    I wonder if there are any more similar blogs our there..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Alkyel,
    Good to meet u on the web. Wahhhhh we (Dr Leong and gang) are easily 20 years your senior. There is another ex ACS by another group but that group (older than you but younger than us) have not updated for while.
    http://acsvoyager.blogspot.com/
    Stay active on the web ya

    Cheers....KK

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yo seniors,

    Andrew Ng signing in from class of 94, a friend of alkayel, both of us now in SG.

    Chanced upon this URL from facebook.com . You guys should join, just search for the ACS grp.

    BTW, the mural that I saw outside the swimming pool, I was one of the lifeguard under Mr Foo and Mr Oon( patrons that time ) which painted it lol.

    See you guys around at facebook. It really pwns friendster.

    **Have to post annonymously as I do not have an account.

    Cheers!

    Regards,
    Andrew Ng

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Andrew,
    Dr Gary Yeoh in HongKong also created aCS group http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=18666318080

    do drop bye for a visit.

    Cheers..KK

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey, what year did you guys left acs ipoh. i was last in acs ipoh in 1970, am i too old for you guys. i live in the US. for over 30 years and have not seen anyone since then

    hon foong
    hon@SystemOneImaging.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey, what year did you guys left acs ipoh. i was last in acs ipoh in 1970, am i too old for you guys. i live in the US. for over 30 years and have not seen anyone since then

    hon foong
    hon@SystemOneImaging.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice photos. Just to let you know that the ACS Ipoh Class of 78 has now a website called http://www.ACSIpoh.com and we have a link to your website as well.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Dear fellow alumni,
    Like Hon Foong in the US, I havd lived in Sydney for almost 45 years. I haven't seen my classmates for the same period of time.
    I am more senior than Hon Foong having left ACS Ipoh in 1962. Names like (Prof) Yee Voon Chee, Tripti Kumar,Eddy Chin etc were my contemporaries.
    My old school name in Pun Swee Leong but I now go by the name of Anthony Pun.
    When is the next ACS Ipoh reunion?
    Best wishes from down under.
    Dr Anthony Pun

    ReplyDelete
  12. I left ACS Ipoh in 1962 after finishing Form 6 Science
    Are there any ex ACS Ipoh Form 6 Science out there
    I live in UK now
    Yong Ee

    ReplyDelete
  13. Anyone from the ACS Ipoh Class 1962 Form 6 science can contact me by email at elmway@tiscali.co.uk

    ReplyDelete