Saturday, November 19, 2016
Asthma Workshop 2016
An Asthma Workshop was held on Saturday 19th November for nurses from various private hospital in Ipoh. The workshop started at 9.30 am and ended at 12 noon. There were 33 participants. The nurses were from KPJ ISH, Pantai Hospital Ipoh, Fatimah Hospital and Perak Community Specialist Hospital. There were also several industrial nurses from local factories.
The objectives of the workshop were to:
1. Improve the understanding of Asthma Control and how to achieve it.
2. Encourage the use of peak flow meters and the Asthma MD app in monitoring asthma control.
3. Encourage the use of the Asthma Control Questionnaire.
4. Demonstrate the proper use use of MDI, DPI devices and spacers.
5. Encourage the setting up of asthma counselling teams in the hospitals
6. Train coaches for the Asthma Friendly School workshops.
Dr. Leong Oon Keong and Mdm Leong Yee Leng RN (who is currently doing her Masters in Nursing) were the trainers.
All nurses were given a Certificate of Attendance after the workshop. They each earned 4 CPD points from the Lembaga Jururawat Malaysia.