The Leong Sin Nam Prize was established during the 72nd Anniversary Celebration on 19th January 2012. The award ceremony was held at the Perak Kaying Association.
The Aims of establishing the LSN Prize are:
- To RECOGNIZE outstanding charitable organizations in Perak.
- To BROADEN the outreach of these charitable organizations.
- To ENCOURAGE volunteer workers.
- To FOSTER the spirit of love and generous gifting.
The Selection Criteria are:
- Charitable, non-profit organization.
- Well organized.
- Good governance.
- Worthy projects.
- A special category for an organization which the Leong Family has or had a role.
The LSN Prize 2012 went to:
The Salvation Army
The Kiwanis Down's Syndrome Foundation
SRJK (C) Min Tet
Shen Jai High School